This is a great appetizer to make to bring to a Holiday party. It consists of three layers that are red, green and white; very colorful and festive. The top layer is sun-dried tomato, the middle layer is pesto and the bottom layer is a mixture of goat cheese and cream cheese. It’s chilled in a bread pan and depending upon the size of the party you are going to, you can take the whole loaf, or you can cut it in half and get two parties out of it.
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz chèvre cheese, at room temperature
- 1 jar of marinated sun dried tomatoes (found in produce aisle; tall skinny jar)
- 1 6oz container of pesto, throw into freezer for 10-15min before you assemble the loaf
- Combine and whip the cream and chèvre cheese
- Line bread loaf pan with saran wrap so that it comes up all sides
- Drain oil from the sun-dried tomatoes
- Puree tomatoes and pack into bottom of bread loaf pan
- Next add the pesto layer, using spatula to spread evenly
- Top with the whipped cheeses
- Serve with toasted baguette
- You can make this appetizer a few days ahead of time and keep in fridge
- To present, invert the loaf on a nice platter
Toasting the Baguette
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice baguette in ½ inch slices
- Arrange slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Brush the slices evenly with olive oil.
- Bake until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes.
- note: if taking this appetizer to a party, or having a party, you can toast the baguette a day or two before hand