Skip to content
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, added 1 at a time
- 1 12oz package of vanilla wafers crushed
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cut chopped nuts – unfortunately the recipe doesn’t say what kind. My mom thinks maybe hazelnuts. I may try almonds or pistachios.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
No flour or baking powder is used!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition
- Add crushed vanilla wafers, coconut and nuts
- Add milk last
- Bake in a greased 9″ tube pan for 2hrs
- Put a piece of parchment paper in bottom of pan after greasing, as cake is difficult to remove