This salad is a hit every time. Serve with crostini or a fresh baguette!
- Vine ripened heirloom tomatoes, sandwich sliced – use different colors for a festive platter!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella (or burrata) – either leave whole or sandwich sliced
- Fresh basil roughly chopped
- Aged balsamic
- On a large platter, arrange the sliced tomatoes
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil
- Season lightly with salt and pepper
- Arrange the buffalo mozzarella (or burrata) on the tomatoes
- Using a spoon, creatively drizzle generous amounts of pesto over the tomatoes and mozzarella
- Garnish with the chopped basil
- Before serving, drizzle creatively with the aged balsamic ← if you add the balsamic too far ahead of time, it dries up and doesn’t look as appetizing