This is one of many delicious recipes that I learned while I was subscribed to HelloFresh. I now make it all the time as a side dish. I’m not a big zucchini fan at all, but I could sit down to a meal that consisted nothing but this and be quite content. The hardest part is getting it off the pan and into a serving dish and having it still look so pretty.
This is not a paid-for advert, but I really enjoyed HelloFresh a lot. I learned new recipes and preparations, and it also saved us on our weekly food bill. I stopped for two reasons. (1) Our youngest daughter moved back home after college and (2) we started to try and eat Keto. I didn’t see a plan that worked for us at that time – feeds 3-4 on mostly Keto diet.
- 1 zucchini, sliced in 1/4 inch wedges
- small bunch of vine ripened tomato, quartered
- Italian seasoning
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, cut into bit sized pieces
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper – this is optional but it makes cleaning the pan a heck of a lot easier
- Toss veggies with 1 T olive oil and Italian seasoning on baking sheet – I do a couple of shakes of the seasoning; I like to make sure each piece of zucchini has some (see pictures)
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast veggies for about 10 minutes
- Once veggies are roasted, remove baking sheet from oven and increase oven temperature to 500 degrees
- Sprinkle veggies with mozzarella, parmesan and Panko breadcrumbs, there is no “right” amount. IMO you can’t have too much cheese, but I wouldn’t get too heavy handed with the Panko (unless you like lots of breadcrumbs).
- Broil until Panko is golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes