My recipe for these combines parts of two different recipes. Some credit goes to Ina Garten and some to the Silver Diner in Washington DC.
- Fresh brussels sprouts, cut core down and half, save loose leaves – they are the best part!
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 1 TBL maple syrup (omit if trying to eat Keto)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of chipotle pepper
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper – this is optional but it makes cleaning up easier
- Spread brussels out on baking sheet
- Season with 2 T olive oil, 1 T maple syrup, salt and pepper to taste, dash of chipotle pepper and a dash of cinnamon
- Toss brussels until well coated.
- Depending on the size of the brussels you use, they will need to cook 18-23 minutes. I typically stay away from the very small and very large ones, and go for medium sized ones that need about 20 minutes to cook.
- Set a times for ½ way done point. When timer goes off toss the brussels and repeat timer. At the half way point you can sometime eyeball if they are cooking faster or slower than expected and adjust the remaining time.