This recipe is from Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa Family Style, though in the book it’s called Slow-Cooked Scrambled Eggs Three Ways. I’ve only made the version with goat cheese; why mess with a good thing.
Roasted asparagus is great accompaniment to this breakfast dish, though you might want to leave off the parmesan cheese for this pairing.
- 16 extra-large eggs
- 1¼ cups milk or half-and-half (I use milk)
- 1½ tsp Kosher salt
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 TBL unsalted butter
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 TBL minced fresh chives
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with milk, salt and pepper
- Heat 2 TBL of butter in a large sauté or omelet pan
- Add the eggs and cook them over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the desired doneness
- Off the heat, add the goat cheese, chives, and the remaining 2 TBL of butter
- Stir and allow the eggs to sit for 30 seconds, until the cheese begins to melt