Dried Fruit Slices
This was actually much easier than I thought. It’s even easier if you have a mandoline slicer. Besides being a perfect cocktail garnish, they also make a tasty and healthy snack!
- Oranges and/or lemons, cut the slices as thin as possible. If they are too thick you will need to bake them longer.
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground ginger
- dash of sea salt
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Slice fruit and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Sprinkle mix evenly over the fruit. Dry in the oven at 200 for 90 minutes (total baking time depends on the thickness of your slices. I recommend checking on them after an hour and then every 30 minutes after that until “done”). After removing them from the oven, add more spices and/or sugar, if desired.
note: I made the quantity above and used it on 2 oranges and 1 lemon and have a ton of the mix left to do several more batches.
Sidra’s Cocktail Favs
- The Perfect Cosmo
- Cadillac Margaritas
- Basil Lime Gimlet
- Green Chartreuse Smash ← One of Brian’s favs, but I love it too!
- Mystery Sangria
- Pear Martini a la Breton – 2oz grey goose Le Poive, .75 Elderflower, 2 drops/squeeze of lemon juice & Prosecco. Garnish with a thin slice of whole pear and 1-to-2 pieces of candied ginger
Brian’s Cocktail Favs
- Final Say
- Last Word in Oaxaca
- Ella Fitzgerald
- Corpse Reviver No. 2
- Brian’s The Monk’s Vesper – 1½ oz Mezcal, 1 oz Lillet Rouge, 1 oz Bauchant, 1 oz Yellow Chartreuse, ¼ oz lemon, 2 dashes of scrappy lime bitters…serve up
- Clyde’s Irish Old Fashioned – Jameson Select Reserve Black Barrel Irish Whisky, Bénédictine Liqueur, Angostura Bitters, Fee Brothers Orange Bitters
Great list of “equal parts” cocktails
- The Last Word – gin, Green Chartreuse, maraschino liqueur, lime
- Corpse Reviver #2 – gin, Cointreau, Cocchi Americano, lemon, absinthe rinse
- Paper Plane – bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Nonino, lemon, lemon twist
- Hold Up – Jamaican rum, grapefruit liqueur, Cocchi Americano, lemon, 3 dashes celery bitters, orange twist
- Black Eyed Susan – brandy, Cynar, Yellow Chartreuse, lemon, 3 dashes orange bitters
- Mosquito – mezcal, Campari, lemon, ginger syrup
- Shaddock – gin, Aperol, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice
- The Last Mechanical Art – mezcal, Campari, Cynar, Punt e Mes
- Naked And Famous – mezcal, aperol, yellow chartreuse, lime juice